Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Fun In Florida- Day 3

Day 3
What else? THE BEACH! My aunt took us to Honeymoon Island where we took a ferry to another island called Caledesi Island, rated the number 1 beach in North America. Absolutely beautiful.
With my aunt, waiting for the ferry:


Check out all our gear. We packed a lunch and brought our snorkel sets:


On the ferry:


The view from the ferry. This is the beach we were at the day before:


The beach:


The water was way too cold and I went in once but my husband had a blast snorkeling. We spent some time walking along the beach together (the sand is like talcum powder) and searching for interesting shells. My favourite shell that I collected was a sea urchin. There were tons of them. I found a couple of sand dollars too.
Pelicans in the water:


Sid playing in the water:
After a fun day in the sun we went home, showered and went to Olive Garden for dinner. Mmmm! Another great day.

No comments: