Sunday, October 19, 2008

Thanks Secret Pal!

I have a secret pal! I belong to an online group of Canadian adoptive parents who have adopted or are in the process of adopting. We just started a new secret pal exchange that lasts until March. So what happens is that you are matched up with another adoptive parent and you become their secret pal. Once a month you send your person a special something according to the theme for that month. October (the first month) was "Something special for mom...isn't waiting fun?".

My secret pal is FAST! We were just assigned our pals on Monday...and the package arrived Friday!!!!! Sid checked the mail today when he went to rent a movie...I was so surprised and excited to receive my package. Here is what my secret pal sent me:

  • My first Parents magazine!!! (this means alot b/c it validates the whole process...that I am 'expecting'...I'm just waiting for my baby!)
  • Body Shop Cranberry Body Lotion, Soap and Shower Gel! This is my favourite scent from the Body Shop! And a Loofah Sponge...I needed a new one!
  • MMMM....Purdy's Chocolate (smiley faces...to brighten my day! ...matches the smiley faces on the card)

MMMMM! Chocolate!!


I'm going to draw a hot bath, relax, chill out and read my magazine...enjoy the solitude while I still can! (I already ate one of the chocolate smiley faces!)

Thank you Secret Pal!

4 comments:

Natalie and Chris said...

What a great gift. I can't wait to get mine. I think this secret pal will help us all out with our long waits. I began purchase parent mag about 2 months ago and I love it. I can't stop myself from buying all kinds of parent mags now but Parent is my fav. I hope you enjoyed your bath and chocolate.

Tammy said...

Ya...it is really going to help us with the long waits! I hope your package arrives soon! It is like Christmas morning. :)

Anonymous said...

What a great Secret Pal you must have! :0), Look out for your next package...it is November!

Tammy said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! Is this my Secret Pal? :)

Thanks for spoiling me! :)